Friday, March 28, 2014

"At about 4:00 in the morning of March 28, 1979 the main events leading to the accident at Three Mile Island Nuclear Generating Station began. . ."

35 years ago today, a combination of mechanical and human failures led to a partial nuclear reactor meltdown at the plant just outside of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Tonight I'm parked at a turnpike service plaza within 10 miles of Three Mile Island.

I made my delivery in Manassas this morning and got a pre-plan going from Philadelphia (in the shadow of the Phillies home ballpark) to southern Wisconsin. This load scales out at a thousand miles and delivers on Monday morning. That's just about perfect for me to recover some of the hours from the long run cross country I just made.

Tomorrow will be a short day of maybe 500 miles. I think I remember a little truck stop just over the Indiana line on I-80. That'll leave me less than 300 miles for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment