Sunday, March 23, 2014

As expected, once I was empty in North Platte, I got a load of Tyson in Lexington, Nebraska. It was a drop and hook and was ready when I got there so I quickly headed back to Southern California.

The weather had changed overnight. A cold front slammed through overnight and I hit some snow before I got back into Kansas. The north winds were giving me a nice push most of the time, but were horrendous on the westerly legs.

I dropped off the load of beef tenderloin, (bound for Tokyo) in Wilmington, CA. While I was being unloaded, a pre-plan pinged in. Pick up Friday in Vernon going to Manassas, Virginia. Nice load! It's over 2,600 miles and gives me a chance to get a 34 hour reset at home.

Tomorrow will be my usual getting out of Vegas plan: sprint over to Lisa's Truckstop in Moriarty, New Mexico. The cafe there has some pretty good enchiladas! After that will be a 644 mile jog to Webber Falls, Oklahoma, and then 615 miles to Baxter, Tennessee on Wednesday. Thursday will find me in Virginia somewhere setting up for my Friday morning delivery. I love these coast-to-coast trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment