Thursday, February 27, 2014

Yesterday was a long day of driving from El Paso to Catarina, Texas. I was hoping to take some pictures with my new camera, but much of the day was spent in fog or low clouds and the lighting was horrible.

Today I made my delivery in Laredo. I've been to this town before, but this was the first time that I was downtown. The receiver was literally a block away from the Mexican border!

Laredo has a long history as a border town. It's been the setting of TV westerns and country songs. Now it just seems to be one big trucking center. All the big trucking companies have terminals here. My favorite commodity to haul out of here is empty wine bottles. I'm still waiting to here where I'm off to next, but if I had my choice, I would be off to Napa Valley with a load of empties.

One great thing about this town is the mobile food. After my delivery, I motored back to the Flying J and decided to chance a chicken burrito from the neon-lit taco truck out front. Spectacular! It came loaded and with a Serrano chile on the side. Mouth burning heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment